Joint law firm “IVVK Vučković Marić and Partners” (hereinafter: “IVVK Lawyers” or “we”) is extremely aware of the importance of personal data protection, thus it approaches this matter very seriously, aware that protecting personal data is extremely important to you.
- all persons who access our website at the address www.ivvk.rs (hereinafter: "Website"),
- persons who send us an inquiry through the Website,
- persons who hire us to provide legal services (hereinafter: “Services”) and become our clients (hereinafter: “Clients”),
- persons applying for a position with us (hereinafter: “Candidates”),
- persons who sign up for our Newsletter.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal data we collect from you
Depending on how you use our Website or Services, the information we may collect about you may include the following:
A. Personal data that you voluntarily share with us
- information that you decide to share with us, in your inquiry via our contact form or otherwise,
- information you choose to share with us by signing up for our Newsletter,
- information that you decide to share with us during the process of applying for a job at IVVK Lawyers,
- information that you decide to share with us when you hire IVVK Lawyers to represent you.
If you contact us directly or send an inquiry to email@example.com or any other email available on the Website, or share information with us during a telephone conversation or via social networks, we may receive information about your name, email address, home or business address, your title or employer's name, the content of messages or attachments you submit to us, or any other information you choose to share with us.
If you contact us during the application process for a position as a lawyer, associate, consultant or team member, you shall be asked to send your CV and motivation letter. When applying for an internship or employment with us, we may ask you questions about your professional life that may be important for your future position. IVVK Lawyers uses your personal data in order to match your skills, experience and education with specific positions offered by our office. This information is forwarded to persons who decide on the employment process or persons involved in the employment process, who are subsequently tasked with adopting a decision on whether to invite you for an interview. IVVK Lawyers shall collect additional information from you if you are invited for an interview, as well as in the following stages of the process.
If you hire IVVK Lawyers, we may ask you to provide other personal data that is not listed above and which is necessary for the provision of Services. It shall usually be clear what personal data we collect and for what purpose. For example, we shall collect contact information (mailing address, email address and telephone number(s), account number information and identifying information). In all other cases, where the purpose of collecting personal data is not obvious, you will be informed when you may be asked to provide personal data.
When you sign up for our Newsletter, it is necessary that you share your email address with us. You may choose to share other personal information with us, such as your name or the organization you work for, but this is not required.
B. Personal data we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, certain analytical services may automatically collect certain personal data from your device.
More specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information such as IP address, device type, unique device identification number, browser type, and broader geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location). We may also collect information about how your device behaves on our Website, including the pages you have accessed and the links you have clicked on.
Collecting this information allows us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from and which content interests them on our Website.
Personal data we collect about you from third parties
Sometimes, we may receive your personal data without you directly providing us with such information.
If you are a candidate for employment at IVVK Lawyers, we can obtain information about you in the following manner:
- From employment agencies – (e.g. when an employment agency contacts us to identify you as a potential candidate);
- Through publicly available on-line sources – (e.g. from your current employer's website or from professional social networks such as LinkedIn); and
- Through a written or oral recommendation - for example, through a recommendation from a former employee / employer or from a person you have specified as a reference.
If you are our client, we shall carry out a verification of your personal documents, conduct a security check as part of the acceptance of cooperation, including checks related to money laundering, conflicts, reputation and financial checks, as well as fulfil any other legal or regulatory requirements to which we are subject.
HOW DOES IVVK LAWYERS KEEP MY PERSONAL DATA?
IVVK Lawyers devotes a lot of attention to the protection and respect of your personal data. We do not share your personal data with third parties, unless:
- we have your consent for the aforementioned,
- we are obliged by law to share certain information, including your personal data, with e.g. public authorities; in that case, we are not obliged to ask for your additional consent to share your personal data,
- it is necessary to consult with legal experts or experts from other fields in order to ensure the highest quality of legal services.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use appropriate administrative, technical, organizational and other measures in order to ensure an appropriate degree of protection of your personal data that we collect and process. When evaluating whether the applied measures are adequate and whether the degree of protection is appropriate, we take into account the nature of the personal data we collect and the nature of the processing we carry out, the risks when processing personal data, the costs of implementing protective measures and other circumstances of significance for each specific case.
Some of the protective measures we apply include access control, information classification (and handling thereof), integrity and confidentiality protection, data backup, firewall technology, data encryption and other appropriate measures. Our team members are trained and have the appropriate knowledge, whereby they understand the importance of confidentiality in connection to protecting your personal data.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We do not store your personal data for longer than the time necessary to realize the purpose for which it was collected, i.e. no longer than the time for which we have your consent.
For example, if you unsubscribe from our Newsletter, your data will be automatically deleted.
If you have sent us a job application together with a motivation letter or CV, we shall delete your personal data within 3 months after we receive your application, unless you become one of our team members.
As a person whose personal data we collect, you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed about the collection and processing of your personal data,
- the right to access the data we have collected about you,
- the right to correct personal data, in case of incompleteness or inaccuracy,
- the right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to request that the personal data we have stored about you be deleted,
- the right to revoke consent for the processing of personal data, when consent is the basis for processing,
- the right to oppose the processing of personal data,
- the right to object to the processing of your data for a specific purpose,
- the right to file a complaint with the Commissioner for Information of Public Importance and Personal Data Protection, in case you fail to receive an answer within 30 days from the date of your request to exercise your rights or if you are not satisfied with the answer.
In order to exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org